Saturday 28 January 2012

Flapjack

Welcome to another weekend of yummy baking!

On Monday morning my long term boyfriend John turns 30! A big mile stone which needs celebrating. So with this in mind I have made an agreement with him that during this weekend I will bake (or attempt to bake) any treats of his choosing. His first choice is a recipe that has been passed on to me by my Mum and Dad and was a staple food when I was growing up. I can't remember a time when I raided my Mum's kitchen cupboards and this wasn't filling one of the tins. This recipe is a simple flapjack which can be thrown together in minutes and usually gets eaten just a quickly so give it a go and enjoy!






Ingredients

170g caster sugar
170g margarine
340g porridge oats
3 tablespoons golden syrup


Method

  • Melt together the golden syrup and margarine then take off of the heat
  • Add all of the other ingredients into the pan and mix
  • Put into a greased tin of your choosing
  • Bake for 20 mins at 180'c (160'c Fan assisted)
  • Leave to cool for a few minutes and then cut into sections and enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Those look yummy for sure Laura.
    But hey! Don't go telling folks it can be 'thrown together in minutes'....It's about the only thing I can make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha.............. but thrown together cooking is the best...!!!

      Delete